Thursday, November 8, 2012
It's that slow....
Here I am at work everything that could possibly be done is done....and there are no customers to help so I am a very bored lady! So I thought that I would inform you all of my upcoming surgery! Sounds fun doesn't it?? I need to get another skin graph! *cringe* if you haven't already read about what happened to my shoulder go read my post called "this one time I was playing quidditch" or something like that (sorry Harry potter fans if I spelt quidditch wrong) anyway my shoulder has been acting up I thought it was a crazy knot so I kept having people try to rub it out...that didnt work so I tried to play it off and ignore it till one day at work I was lifting a tray full of cupcakes and it hurt my shoulder so bad I dropped it! Then I knew it had to be something more serious, like maybe a torn muscle. Yesterday me and my mom went to timpanogas regional hospital to meet with my plastic surgeon (yes I see a plastic surgeon for my shoulder no I am not getting a boob job) his name is Dr. Bishop and he did my second shoulder surgery of z-plasty incisions he poked and squeezed and stroked my shoulder and told us I have a big wad of scar tissue built up that's causing my pain, it won't get worse but it won't get better what he can do is either 1: a two step procedure where he puts a ballon type thing in where that tissue is, blow it up so it expands for a few days (hello hunchback!) then go back in and remove it.... I immediately said no what's the other option and he said that he could do a skin graph I instantly teared up I don't know why I don't remember any surgery from when I was a kid I have NO memory of it what so ever but my parents always tell me how painful it was for me and how long the recovery process is so I just got freaked out by hearing I could need another one he said he would go in clean out some of that scar tissue, take some skin from my upper thigh again and staple it on...just like last time but a much smaller area then he started saying why he didn't really want to do that is because of the scaring! I was like....your kidding me right? My shoulder has been distorted my entire life adding more scars to it is really what your concerned about? Plus it's more on my scapula area anyway, who really sees that!? MY only concern is ya know....it's snowboarding season and I NEED to board period. Good thing the best snow is in like February and March anyway! So hopefully I will be decent enough by then(: the other sucky thing is in the summer...no sun for this lady because that skin can't protect itself from the suns rays so melanoma all over again! It's only the most deadly form of skin cancer....no big deal right? So ladies and gents this year I will be having my SECOND skin graph done and I am beyond terrified! And every time I think about it I cry a little inside.....but I need to get this done because the lifestyle I live is quite active and I need my left shoulder to dance and exercise and all that good stuff. That's all for now. I will keep y'all updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment