Sunday, January 22, 2012

here it comes



The end of high school. As those before me who have gone off to college I plan to follow them into the world. And as far as I know none of them have died of responsibility.......yet. Anyway as your typical high school student I haven't quite settled on what career I wish to pursue. My problem is I think I have it figured out then these other options come up. Right now I'm stuck between culinary school or being a fashion consultant. Totally different things I know. But when I talked with my mom the other day about college and such I told her, I'm going to culinary school and then she bombarded me with questions such as
-where?
-why?
-is there anything else you want to do?
-do you want to take a year to do your generals first?
and so many more! it really made me think so I started answering her questions and when I got to "is there anything else you want to do?" and I mentioned that I've always thought about being a fashion consultant but lets get real here in Utah there are -1 to 0 job openings for that. My mom then said "well you could always go to New York or L.A" and I said "yeah? where is that money going to come from?" and she said "we can make it happen" and then WOOSH it was like a whole other world of opportunity was there for me to explore. I'm not very convinced about it, but a girl can fantasize right? The more I think about college the more I realize I'm running out of time in high school and its time to get down to business. I do have a plan however, I want to live at home because I live like 5 ish blocks away from UVU and I want to enroll in their culinary program, I always hear such great things about it! so I would live at home until I had enough money to move out, then when I finish school I would like to work at a nice restaurant as a chef. Sounds like the life huh? well it does to me. I'm aware it's not going to come easily nothing in life does. But after that conversations with my mom I'm thinking about going out of state for college...? possibly. The way I see it is Utah has nothing left to offer me, all my family is here of course but there is so much to experience outside this bubble. I dont really have anything left to hold me down here. Like the song posted at the beginning "it all starts again in the end" there is a new chapter of life after high school..I just have to figure out what to do with it. It's all rather up in the air....still. But as far as me and cooking I have 4 steaks marinating in the fridge, the marinade smells...awful! I'm very skeptical about it...but we'll see then I'm going to make garlic knots.





those are pictures of what they are supposed to look like...but we'll see..

1 comment: